Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Well, it has arrived...the first day of a new school year. My day went very well, and I think I'm going to have a great group of kids. I did, however, have something happen that I thought never would... a 7th grader crying!! She was so scared, but I assured her mother that she would be just fine, and invited her to come in my class and stay with her daughter for awhile. She opted not to(which I think was wise), but I let her make that decision on her own. Jr. High is a touchy, scary time for a lot of kids because it's a new school, new responsibilities, and peer pressure.

I prayed last night in our "Back to School" service that God would help me be a witness to these kids because this is the age that will make or break them. I usually pray that prayer every year, but for some reason, I feel a certain "something in the air" for our children of today. I hope I can make a difference in their lives because these are awesome kids, and they deserve to know who Jesus is and that He loves them unconditionally.

If you read this post and have kids, I pray for them daily and wish them the best. What do you say....let's win our school for God!!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

I agree about jr high kids. If/when I start teaching jr high is where I want to be. Hope you have a great year and are able to be a witness to your students.

Mandy said...

Great Post!!! I will keep you in my prayers as well! I pray that the opportunity will present itself for you as never before to be a great light in this dim world!

Michelle said...

We are praying for you too Sis Janet!

Gene Holley said...

My prayers are with you also! Thanks for making Chad feel so welcome at Zundy. I know you are not his teacher, but just knowing that you are there and that you care is a comfort to my wife especially! LOL! I know you will be a great light to every child that crosses your path. Have a great year!

janet anglin said...

Thank you for all my well wishers! I cherish your prayers.

Keith and Carla said...

Awww...Janet, you'll make it fun for these kids! Best wishes in this next school year.