Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Over

After 5 straight days of testing, the TAKS tests are finally over!!!! Now comes the time of patiently waiting for the results to come back. I wish the state of Texas would do away with these state mandated tests!! I know we need to see if students are prepared to advance to the next grade, but this is silly. What are reports cards for? I remember the days when that's all we had to measure their chances of passing. I'm so tired of seeing kids come to school worried sick (and I really mean sick) wondering if they will pass the tests or not. Wondering if they'll go to the next grade or if they will be held back. I've been asked to sit on a TAKS committee in Austin this summer for 2 days, and believe me, I will make my voice heard. I don't know 1 single teacher, parent, or student that is in favor of these tests! Okay...I have spoken my mind, and I feel better.

4 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Janet, I agree with you on these tests! I remember the day when all we had were the CAT tests. I believe they were just to measure where you were, and they weren't a pass or fail type of thing.

Joseph James said...

I second all of it!

I didn't know you were a blogger now? I will have to add you to my blog roll... along with a few others I still need to add!

janet anglin said...

Yea, Sis. Elms is the one that actually helped me get started because I was tired of being anonymous. Ashley Jordan helped me as well. So far it's been a lot of fun.

Keith and Carla said...

I'm glad the tests are over, but now it's time for another post! lol