Monday, December 22, 2008

My Gift to Him

Our Sunday night service yesterday was awesome! Pastor Holley never ceases to amaze me at the visuals he comes up with for our services, and last night was no different. He had several people from the church wrap the gift that they would like to give Jesus now and in the new year to come. I was touched so deeply by the sincerity of all those that gave their gift and spoke about it!!

After thinking about the service for awhile, I thought about what I would give the Lord, and the gift of thankfulness kept rolling over and over in my mind. How many times do we look at this season and wonder what we will be receiving instead of being thankful for what we already have?! I came up with the conclusion that if God never blessed me with anything else....I can honestly say I've already been blessed beyond measure. God has truly blessed me with a pastor and family that I don't have the words to describe. My pastor cares so deeply for my soul and the flock that God has placed him over. Am I thankful for that? Oh, you better believe it!! He and his family are beyond awesome...they are too good to be true!!!

I have a wonderful husband, a nice, comfortable home (that's paid for), a nice car (that's also paid for), my health, my job, our business, and a host of other things. I've been praying for many years for specific needs, and my prayers haven't been answered yet, but I'm still thankful that I can still trust in a God that will not fail me and will answer in His time. Do I still get emotional about these needs? Oh, yes indeed, but God has made me a promise, and I constantly look to Him for faith until these prayers are answered. Many times I hold my hand out to God and say, "See God, here's my mustard seed of faith. I can't see it, but I know you can. Please help me to hold on, even though the trial looks so dark."

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want God to take my gift of thankfulness and multiply it. I don't ever want to take anything or anyone for granted. Merry Christmas Jesus, and thank you for a grateful heart!!!

2 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Awesome post! You expressed your heart's desire so well. My prayers are with you as you seek to follow Him. Merry Christmas.

Karen Prince said...

Beautiful!