Monday, January 26, 2009

Bible Quizzing Results

WOW!!! What a fantastic 2 days I had at my 1st Bible Quizzing tournament! I've never experienced anything quite like it before. After traveling 9 LONG hours to get to Vidor, Texas, we found out that we would not be able to quiz the first night because we were about 9th on the list, and it would be too late by the time we had oour chance to quiz. At first I was a little disappointed, but I felt as though God had everything in control, and I soon found out that He certainly did.

The first team we played on Saturday was Hillsboro, and we narrowly lost that game but won the next 4. These games were nail-biting and so exciting! Our kids did a FANTASTIC job, and I'm very proud of them!! Out of 29 teams, Wichita Falls placed 5th place. We won a beautiful trophy, which we proudly presented to our wonderful pastor (and church).

I can't begin to tell you what this ministry means to me, and I'm beyond excited to be a coach for our Jr. team. Please keep thes kids in your prayers because they have A LOT of scriptures to memorize before our next tournament, which is in February. We, then, will be traveling to Longview, Texas to compete. Who knows.....we may even place 1st!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow fantastic! This stuff will really work on the nails!!! I am so glad that you did so well but as you all have already stated no matter what place you win your are still a winner for hiding God's word in your heart!!! (But I am all about 1st place) LOL

Keith and Carla said...

AWESOME!!! Let us know when you come to Longview. It's not too far from us.

janet anglin said...

Carla, we will be coming Feb. 20-21st, and we are sooooo excited. It will be at Bro. Spears' church. Hope to see you there!