Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Birthday "Dutton" Style

As most of you know, my birthday is on Halloween. Now, since I had nothing to do with this, I really can't take the blame for it. LOL! This year, however, was quite different. I was completely shocked when I arrived at church Wednesday night!!! Bro. & Sis. Dutton surprised me with a new broom and a witch's hat. Bro. Dutton has always teased me about being a "witch" and wanting to know if I have my broom ready. We always get a good laugh from this, but now I can say I'm ready! This was soooo nice of them to think of me, and I'll always remember it (in a good way) and will always be ready for their surprises! I have pictures of my new hat & broom, but I don't know how to place it on my post. Kassie has it on her post, and for that I say a resounding, "Thank You", Kassie.

My birthday was more on the quiet side this year (except the kids fun-fest, which was totally AWESOME). My sweet daughter-n-law, whom I love so much, sent me some beautiful yellow roses to school This is Mark's wife, Katie, and she is certainly a blessing to us! It'll even be better when she's filled with the Holy Ghost!! Then, I arrived home Friday afternoon from work, and Julie D. had "Happy Birthday" balloons on the table along with an angel ornamnet and a small cake. What can I say about her, but she's literally an angel sent from heaven! She's one of the most thoughtful ladies I know, and she's a blessing to everyone who knows her! I love you, Julie!!

Harden gave me $50.00 and took me out to eat after the kids fun-fest, which was very enjoyable.

My dad gave me a new robe, and my mother gave me money. Nanny & Papa called to wish me a Happy Birthday and said my gift would be a little late because Nanny is sick. I told her to NOT worry about it but to just get well soon!!

All of you are precious people to me, and I love and appreciate you soooo much!

6 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Happy Birthday! Glad we got to see you on your birthday and wish you a great one! Thanks for taking time to take pictures before your dinner. Have a wonderful year.

Tammy Bryant said...

Happy belated birthday!

I am glad things went well for you on your special day.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I enjoyed seeing the pictures on Kassie's blog!

Christina said...

Well it is good to know that you have so many people that care about making you feel very special on your birthday! Glad you had a good one. We appreciate you!

Keith and Carla said...

Happy Birthday, Janet! I loved the pictures on Kassie's blog. Wishing you a great year ahead!!!

Karen Prince said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Now I've gotta go see your picture!