Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School is Finally Out

School is finally out, and I'm so glad about it! Don't get me wrong....I enjoy what I do, but I really need a break! Everyone needs a time to kick back, rest, and relax.

May is always a special month for me because of all the graduations. It's really neat to see kids in this day and time finish highschool. So many kids fall between the cracks and don't finish their education. It's sad to see this happen, and my heart goes out to them.
Friday night, after graduation, Harden and I went to Lori and John's house to help celebrate Jessica Parker and Michael's (her boyfriend) graduation. It was so much fun watching their excitement and being with friends!

Harden & I then had the priviledge to go to Rider's graduation on Saturday evening. I was thrilled to see how many kids that I've taught in the past graduate that night. We also enjoyed watching "our" church kids graduate as well. We are very happy and proud of their accomplishments!

We, then, went to the Day's Inn for Alysha's graduation reception. We had so much fun that night watching Alysha celebrate her "big" day.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of these kids as they embark on a new journey in their life.

0 comments: