Saturday, July 12, 2008

Low Level of Depression

I can't believe it.... they're already out!! Yesterday I was at Walmart, and the first thing I saw was SCHOOL SUPPLIES! I thought to my self, "They can't do this to me! It's not time yet!!" It kind of made me go into a low level of depression, but the blues didn't stay around for long when I thought about retirement is right around the corner for me. No, I'm NOT trying to wish my life away, but I would like to go places and do things during the school year that I normally don't get to do. Oh well, I guess my time is coming soon enough. It's the "getting started" that's hard. Once I'm in the swing of things, I'm OK. I do love my job, my school, and what I teach. I feel much better now that I've vented. Have a great week ahead!!

5 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Janet, when we were all young and in school, it seemed like the Summer lasted forever! Now, it seems the kids get out of school, only to turn around in a few weeks and start back! But, just think, you will be able to travel the world when you retire. So, in a way, school starting means you're that much closer to having the "time of your life". I know you've already mentioned this, but I wanted to "underline" it for you. I know how much you enjoy travelling and you deserve it. Love you!

Gene Holley said...

Glad you have come back up from the depths of despair! LOL! Enjoy the remaining days...

janet anglin said...

Sis. Elms, you're exactly right! It seems like we just ended a school year, and now, it's almost time to start another one!! Oh well, my time will come when I can do the traveling I want to do, or should I say, can afford to do. LOL!

Bro. Gene, It didn't take too long to come from the depths of despair when I saw my retirement papers come through the mail last week!

Keith and Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith and Carla said...

Ooops! Accidentally removed the last comment.

I couldn't believe all the school supplies were out either! I really can't believe you're that close to retirement!!!